Fish Transport

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMeyer

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do you get your fish from the store to your tank with the least amount of stress on the fish?

I put them in a paper bag so it's dark and they don't get as freaked out. Keeping them as calm as possible for the hour+ ride from the LFS to my house is essential, so I can't wait to see what other tips people have!

I guess what I'm really asking is how do you keep the bags from shaking? Usually I make someone come with me and hold the bags, but today that wasn't an option and it was a bit of a struggle.

I thought about sticking the bags in my cup holders but they didn't fit

I usually just get a bunch and but them in a box so the bag doesn't roll every wear and it's dark

I don't drive (yet) so I hold them on my lap in a little portable trash can thing? I'll try to find an example of it, it's fabric and squishes down flat to store.

I use a double-walled bait bucket to transport fish. You can get them in most outdoor stores. The perforations in the interior lining keeps water from sloshing around too much. I sit it on my passenger floor board, or on a back floor board, then move the seat either forward or backward to wedge the bucket in place.

I use a small cooler I always keep in my vehicle, it's big enough to keep a couple of bags if they're upright or one bag laying down, plus it's insulated to keep them at a steady temp.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use a small cooler I always keep in my vehicle, it's big enough to keep a couple of bags if they're upright or one bag laying down, plus it's insulated to keep them at a steady temp.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Ditto. A little styrofoam thing will do the trick.

A simple blanket,towel or extra jacket can be wrapped around the bags and keep them stable ..
Stable like from motion and temperature swings..
I take fish to LFS more then from so I always have a 5g bucket and towels to put my bagged fish in ..

Back
Top Bottom