floating stuff in my 10 gallon tank what is it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have a 3 month old 10 gallon tank with two live plants an 6 neon tetras and two male guppies and a small cleaner type fish. I have white floating what looks like fish waste at the top of my tank . I can't seem to get rid of it. Does anyone know what this is?

Tess

i dont know what it is, and i'd like to know what it is too, as i've got it on my tanks. I dont think its bad really, cuz all my tanks have done fine. I think its jsut there...but i dont know

I have a filmy kind of sheen on my 10 gal planted tank. I skim it off with water changes.

yeah, its not a film thats on mine...just liek a bunch of tiny white, shapeless dots, and everywhere.

If your feeding flake I'd guess overfeeding maybe??Hard to say with seeing the feeding and eating habits.

But uneaten flake will do that in a tank without good surface agitation ime.

yeah, could be..i only have one powerhead agitating one side of the tank, but its not really close enough to the top to really get it mixing around. My filter return is prolly a little low too.

it could be that i am feeding to much thanks for the reply i will try to cut back a little and see what happens

Thanks Tess

Back
Top Bottom