Fluval/Aqua Clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calikenny

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey folks, I am new here and have not had a tank in a few years. So I am just catching up with the changes in the hobby. For example, Dr Foster and Smith is gone from what I can tell.

Anyway, I have been filter shopping and it appears Fluval has merged with Aqua Clear? When I look up Fluval it also lists Aqua Clear. Its really not important, Im just blabbing...:hide:

Haha! Yeah, fluval makes aq now. They are good hob filters tho. I'm currently running 2. The thing i like most is there's lots of room for different media options. The thing I dislike is sometimes after a power interruption they won't restart without priming. Depends on how low the water level is. They put out alot of gph tho

Thanks Charlie! I plan on buying the 30 when I get paid again. I do like the construction of them. I don't see any cartridges, which is nice...:dance:

I gave up on Aquaclears and went with Tidal Filters, 75 and 55. Always restarts after a power failure, removable basket for easy cleaning, tons of room for pot scrubbies or foam and easily pimped for more water flow.

I gave up on Aquaclears and went with Tidal Filters, 75 and 55. Always restarts after a power failure, removable basket for easy cleaning, tons of room for pot scrubbies or foam and easily pimped for more water flow.
Tidals get good reviews. I don't have any, but I see them in a ton of fish stores and online, so they must be doing something right. They're made by Seachem aren't they?

I got my Aqua Clear 30 installed. It seems like a better one that I had. I know the media design is better. No dumb cartridges..(y)

They're good filters. If you have a lot of plants or livebearers, a prefilter sponge can be handy.

I looked into one at the Co-op. They want a minimum order of like $15 and the pre is like $5. Not sure what else to get from them.:hide:

Back
Top Bottom