ok 29 gallon tank set up for over 6 months.
For the last month, the water has had a brown tinge due to driftwood.
other than that the water wass nice and clear, no particulat matter, no white cloudiness etc etc.
this was until yesterday afternoon. and it is getting worse still the water is very cloudy. I cannot see the back of the 12 inch deep tank I can barely make out anything halfway into the tank. at least the tank is set up so that my angels hang out at the front.
I cant tell if it is a white cloudy like bacteria bloom with brown water, or if if the cloudiness is actaulyl brown...I am thinking a bacteria bloom thoughm and the thickest one I have ever seen
the things aobut this tank that have changed
1) 15% water change on monday.
2) filter media removed 2 hours after water change (I left the bio wheels in and kept the filters runinng, along with an airstone. tank is under medication atm due to an angel with fin rot and another with fungus.
3) two more pieces of driftwood added monday. they where soaked for a week
4) I rearranged the tank on monday as well, means IK stirred up the gravel pretty well moving aorund fake plants and driftwood and the terra cotta pot.
5) I put in 4 new fish on thursday I left town on friday, 2 of the fish where dead on sunday when I got back. at least one of the other two is alive the other I dont know (khulli loaches) All my angels are alive. all my cories are alive. My small raphael is alive. and my big raphael was alive last night when I went to bed..I cant see him rightnow through teh murkiness...regardless a dead fish is unlikely..i think...but there are probably ALOT of dead snails...I had a few thousand snails and it looks to be down to a few hundred after the khuulies have had a week to kill em
I have replaced the mechanical filtration in one of hte filteres, the larger of the two on the tank without carbo so as not to remove the medications.
Is this the only thing I can hope to do? should I do something else to the tank or just wait it out?
There are approx 10 lbs of driftwood i nthe tank betwen all 4 pieces. 2 peices have been in for a couple months, the other two for a few days