Food reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelseachuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have to say:
i have new life spectrum formula for small community fish and the cichlid form. and well my fish don't seem to care that much for it. they like the cichlid formula even the tetras and platys. although it added great color to my fish especially my bolivians rams. i don't like how they don't seem to eat all of it and it rots in the tank. i don't feed that much of it but it either floats at the top and the fish don't swim to it or it gets lost in the gravel.

i do like the aqueon flake food. maybe because the fish go nuts for it when i put it in the tank! it doesn't seem to go to waste

also hikari algae wafers my fish love them i got it for the snail but they all love to nibble on it!

has anyone else had these issues with NLS or maybe its just me loll.what other foods have you had a good experience with ?

Everything Hikari always seems to be gobbled up. Right now I have Sera brand flake, but I switch it up. Do you ever offer frozen foods? My rams and platies go crazy for Emerald Entree.

no i haven't tried it yet. i saw a review for it on youtube. then i went to a nice pet store out in jersey and saw it in the freezer but maybe ill try it!

It's good stuff! Just regular ol' bloodworms, brine shrimp, and mysis shrimp go over great with everyone too though :)

I can honestly say I've never had a fish refuse NLS, even with some wild caught Festae and Oscars were tough to train but never refused once hooked. I don't have a single ounce of food in the house that's not NLS, from pellets, flake and wafers. I've fed everything from guppies to jaguar cichlids without a single fish refusing. I'm curious of anyone else has experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom