freshwater crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knereim

Aquarium Advice Regular
Do I need a dry dock in my tank in order to have them or is in not possible with my tank (getting really modeled tomorrow) would like to add them with remodel

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120510_153424.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120510_153424.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 107
There are tai micro crabs, they complete their whole life cycle underwater. However they're pretty small. I believe for other crabs your need a piece of land above the water level. But Beware, some crabs require brackish water, I believe one is a fiddler crab. I could be wrong on that though. Hopefuuly somwome else will chime in:)

Yes, fiddler crabs are brackish, and yes, most "freshwater" crabs will require a land area of some sort, and seeing as they can't swim, you'd need to make the dock reach all the way to the bottom

Will fiddlers die in my 65 if there's no dry land?

Fiddlers are brackish, meaning semi salt water, so I'd say it's highly likely that yes, they will die dry land or not

I also have marble Molly's Rosie barbs and a rainbow shark I was told they were brackish

Mollies, yes, barbs and a rainbow shark, no. Not to mention are you really willing to spend a significant amount of money on salt (not aquarium salt, marine mix) just to keep a crab in your tank? Not to mention major remodeling of your tank?

No no was just wondering and trying to raise my knowledge on my tank

Back
Top Bottom