freshwater sting ray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iwantareef16

Aquarium Advice Regular
does anybody have any info on the fw sting rays. I was just at a aquarium though very disapponited only 1 reef tank, just a lot of shrooms the flow in the discus tank was a little high(all the plants were swaying and the discus were bunched into one corner). Also saw a fw sting ray and that has made me want one.

personally i wouldnt plan on keeping a FW stingray because they get so immense you would need to have a 550 gal tank just to keep it by itself

im serious they get IMMENSE!

Size depends greatly on species....most do not exceed a disc diameter of more than 20"...but the nice thing is that they do not need a lot of depth, so you can have a pond-like tank of 6' x 4' x 20" (about 300G), and house 2-3 motoros quite happily. You can get away with a 4' x 30" x 18" (115G) for a trio of reticulatus rays. Rays are, however, quite sensitive to change and water quality.

saw FW "flounders" the other day. they were about 3 inches in diameter. maybe this is the small tank alternative?

Back
Top Bottom