Freshwater Stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr.diggler

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got the new stingray on friday and he is doing great. I will get some pictures in my profile tommrow morning. I had the guy feed him in front of my friday he ate twice. I waited till monday for the next feeding and he went crazy. Ohh its a male if you didnt guess, no name yet. He is eating tubifex worms, I did not try that with the last stingray. The last stingray did not eat in front of me before I bought him. Let me tell you I have a 125 Gallon tank and had to penguin 400's on there and to be honest I was not happy at all with them, at no point did they filter to my expectations. I purchased to Rena XP3's and man o man what a difference. With just one of them running you could tell a huge difference. Its a short story the one canister came cracked, I called Aquarium Pharm and they overnighted it to me. I mean that was unreal, great guys. Got rid of three severums and a convict. Now have two arowanas, one catfish and a african chiclid in with the stingray. I am running the two penguin 400's, two xp3's and two maxi-jet 900 powerheads. The Bottom is 150 pounds of sand.

Ok... Getting to my question, I have two heaters positioned horizontal one on top of the other in the middle of the tank.. Not right on top of each other the pictures will show you. I want to know if anyone has built a cover for them. I am trying to hide them from the ray. He is getting really comfortable with the tank and is climbing all the walls. I dont want him to get burned. So I want to find a fix real quick..

I don't see the pictures. I see two pictures of "spots on florida gar" in your gallery.

Maybe you could try something like a clear plastic tube, cut it in half, drill many holes along its length and then afix it to the back wall over the heaters. (clear plastic so you can see the temp setting/indicator lights and many holes to let the water flow by the heater).

Go to your lfs and ask them for some heater guards, in the UK Algarde supply them. If you get no joy send me a PM and i will see what i can do.

I put some pics in my profile, I gotta to read up on how to turn off the flash on my digital camera. Anyway I have two 300 watt heaters, they were moved after the pictures were taken. I found on BigAlsOnline heater guards, "Tronic Heater Guard 150/200 Watt", which is going to work I dont think because I have two THEO UL HEATER 300W Heaters. Anyone have any ideas

If you can get the algarde heater guards, you can join two of them together with tie raps and they will fit completely over a 300w heater.

I am having trouble finding heater guards for 300watt heaters. Is this uncommon for someone to want this. Should I just try and make one.

Back
Top Bottom