Frozen Bloodworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyDog

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just fed frozen bloodworms to my bettas and to my community tank. The bettas watched it sink to the bottom and didn't move waiting for their floating food. The community tank went nuts

My question is should I melt them in water or just drop them in frozen to get the best use out of them? :yum:

I melt them, otherwise as it gets soft one greedy bugger will stuff a whole bunch in its mouth and make off with it. Melted in a shot glass, I can swirl them in and drop them in around the tank to control where they go, and to some extent who they go to.

We do both. If we are feeding to the eels, frozen. If they are being given to the cichlid I fill a cup half full of tank water, drop in the frozen chunk, mix it around until it breaks up completly, then drop it. That way you can put it where you want it.

I always put mine in a small cup and use a small turky baster to add tank water to it. Once its thawed, I use the baster to squirt it in the tank. My Bettas love them once they are thawed and floating through the water. If I jsut drop a frozen cube in, it usually floats around on the surface untill it thaws enough to sink...usually in the midst of a dense planted area, then my fish tear it apart and uproot all my plants.

Back
Top Bottom