Funny Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

black hills tj

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a couple GBR's in the 20 with my juvie BN plecos. I feed the BN pleco's fresh cucumber, but it seems that a GBR took interest in the cucumber as well. Unfortunately, the GBR seems to have a cucumber seed lodged in its mouth. Its not preventing it from swimming, breathing, eating...but it does put the fish in an interesting situation. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Tweezers, a glove, a bucket, and about 2 hours. I too feed my plecos cucumber. I hade this exact same issue accept it was with an angel. Just be very careful and only try to remove it for a few seconds then let the fish rest. GBR (i have heard) become stressed easily and may die as a result...

if it isn't affecting his eating or swimming...maybe just leave it for a while? it may to start decomposing until it's soft enough for him to work out of his mouth on his own. i had mbunas and I used to strip the mothers of their babies. As hardy as those fish are it was still a very stressful experience for them. I can't imagine a ram taking it well.

if it isn't affecting his eating or swimming...maybe just leave it for a while? it may to start decomposing until it's soft enough for him to work out of his mouth on his own. i had mbunas and I used to strip the mothers of their babies. As hardy as those fish are it was still a very stressful experience for them. I can't imagine a ram taking it well.

The plan right now is to let it sit the way it is. It should start to decompose soon, and if it is bothering my GBR enough, he will find a way to solve the issue. I just thought there might be some suggestions out there.

As interesting as trying to perform an operation would be, I really don't think the GBR is up for that.

I would say go with jrp1588's thoughts, hasnt steared me wrong yet.

I just realized I wrote, "it may to start decomposing..." would you believe english is my first and only language?

Back
Top Bottom