funny story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i went to lowes to buy some rocks to put in my 40g then went to lfs to get some silicone sealant to make a corner structure for my fish. when glue the rocks together i noticed that it was black in color, no biggie; it should dry clear this morning it still black. looked at the package for the sealant it says ,"3oz black" why the hell would a lfs sell black aquarium sealant. LOL and yes i did test the rocks b4 putting the in the tank and boiled them too. so there is 2 bucks down the drain.

nice :D The hood on my aquarium had the glass siliconed to the plastic with black sealant. The plastic is black so you can hardly see the silicone.

I have a black tank and all the seams are sealed with black sealant. Its actually pretty common.

zilla870 said:
...and yes i did test the rocks b4 putting the in the tank...

Please forgive the n00b question, but what does "testing the rocks" mean?

funny story (update pics)

the project is done! here is a pic!

Attachments

• imgp2178.jpg
    imgp2178.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 112
advice on making your own structure dont use clear if you use ick away or any other meds with color in them it will dye it.

You can use seashells in a freshwater tank. It will increase your pH, but sometimes that's why people put them in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom