Ghost shrimp and guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Whatever you do DO NOT put ghost shrimp with guppies cause they will kill your guppies. I never had a problem with guppies dying or anything until I put ghost shrimp in with them and then my female guppies started dying. I went and spent alot of money on test and everything until I realized that it was my ghost shrimp killing them and I seen that for my own eyes. And then I took the shrimp out of my guppy tank and I even seen the shrimp attacking my angelfish also so I had to get them ones out of that tank also... So whatever you do DO NOT put the shrimp with and of your fish they will kill them.....

How long has it been running?

In my wine glass tank I have had fish living in there with a huge number of "Ghost" shrimp for a long time, couple years now.

They can grab weak, ill fish for sure.

Do you have a pic of these Ghost shrimp?

Have you been feeding the Ghost shrimp?

What size tank do you have?

Is your tank cycled?

Yes I do have a picture and yes I do feed them and I have a 125 gallon fish tank

They have long front legs and me and my husband seen them getting a hold of my guppies and I told him that I needed to get them out of my fish tank. And I had some in with my angel fish also and the shrimp done the same thing so we got rid of the shrimp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom