Glass barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
I kind of made an impulse buy yesterday at my LFS for my new tank. I only got 2 to start out with, which includes a dwarf gourami and a glass barb. I really know nothing about glass barbs. Inform me.

same here, I also think " potential fin nipper " I've personally never heard of a glass barb, can you get a picture ?

You sure Waterpond? (I am turning red right now, heh). The writing at the LFS said Glass Barb, and that picture I showed looks exactly like it.

*Edit- This was under a an image on google: New "glass" rosy barbs.

I guess glass is just another term for them??

The fish in your picture are red glass barbs. You are right, there is little information on the net about them. My LFS sells both red glass barbs and rosy barbs. I currently have one of each. They are very different in their coloration. They do school together, and I've had no problems with them nipping my other fish.

It seems they are a "version" of the Rosy Barb. I'd assume information for Rosies would apply to Glass Barbs as well. I'd definitely get 5 or so more and be prepared for them to reach 4 inches or so, like Rosy Barbs do.

They are "rose-colored glasses barbs." So they are whatever you want them to be. LOL.

All kidding aside, they look very pretty, and I hope you will post pics of your actual fish...

Lol, it's so hard to take pictures of it. (I only have one at the moment). He's too fast. When I get 3 more this week I will post pics for sure.

Back
Top Bottom