Go to Petsmart NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love my golden mystery snail but not these ugly brown ones

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't get why people hate snails so much. If it eats algae and left over food, I'm ok with it.

You say that now... But wait till you have an army of them all over your decor, plants, and glass and see if you still say that :rolleyes:

I don't mind small numbers of them, but their tendency to explode in population is EXTREMELY annoying. Only thing I hate more is Duckweed!

You say that now... But wait till you have an army of them all over your decor, plants, and glass and see if you still say that :rolleyes:

I don't mind small numbers of them, but their tendency to explode in population is EXTREMELY annoying. Only thing I hate more is Duckweed!

If you have that many, you're overfeeding. It's that simple. And I've had pond snails in all my tanks for the past 4 years, and I put them in each tank on purpose. I also put MTS into my new tanks also. Especially the ones with sand.

I let them go in our guppy tank. We kinda "breed them" then we feed them to our clown loaches in our big tank

If you have that many, you're overfeeding. It's that simple. And I've had pond snails in all my tanks for the past 4 years, and I put them in each tank on purpose. I also put MTS into my new tanks also. Especially the ones with sand.

Due to the nature of some of my bottom feeders, I have to overfeed or they get out competed and starve. I manage the water parameters accordingly, but that doesn't prevent the snail invasion.

Dalto behave lol

You need to look at the brightside, you now have the start of free food for some dwarf puffers:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409794934.425651.jpg

I agree on getting some assassin snails when you are sick of the pond snails. They did a good job when a family or two of snails hitched a ride on some plants I got.

Back
Top Bottom