going away on holiday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most aquarium fish can do just fine for a week without being fed. It is better than risking possible overfeeding by a friend or using those vacation feeding blocks - both of these things could cause real problems in your tank. If you were going to be gone for more than 10 days or so you might ask someone to feed them once or twice while you were gone , no more.

They'll be fine, and enjoy your holiday!

Lots of people use them, but I am scared of them. I picture it malfunctioning and dumping loads of food in all at once. 8O

I once went away for a couple weeks and tried the autofeeder thing (I was a newbie!) It worked okay, but the thing was the moisture/humidity from the tank made the flakes stick together in the opening and the fish weren't getting much (which was okay), but I could have been unlucky and it might have dumped a big chunk of flakes all stuck together... be careful! If you really want to use one, start using it before you go away and see how it works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom