Automatic feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leila

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello Aquarium Advice folks! I’m going away for three days and don’t have my usual fish feeding support. Is there a good way to feed my fish automatically?

Attachments

• IMG_2312.jpg
    IMG_2312.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 23
Hello Aquarium Advice folks! I’m going away for three days and don’t have my usual fish feeding support. Is there a good way to feed my fish automatically?
For just 3 days, the fish should be fine without food.
You can slightly increase the amount of food you feed for the few days before you leave and do a partial water change the day before you leave which should help keep any issues from developing while you are away. (y)

Agree with Andy here. Just feed right as you walk out the door and immediately on getting back. Also fwiw dont put one of those multi day feeder tabs in.. they can screw with the tank

Thanks, Andy and huma-huma. I really appreciate the advice. I’ve never “not fed” my little guys before so having you weigh in reduces the stress.

Thanks, Andy and huma-huma. I really appreciate the advice. I’ve never “not fed” my little guys before so having you weigh in reduces the stress.
Glad we could help :) yeah we as humans tend to adapt our pets to our feeding habits so its hard to wrap our heads around something like this.

Fish like many other animals are "opportunist" feeders... meaning that they will gorge themselves on food whenever food is available as food is not always available on a daily basis in the wild.
Most all fish would be fine for only threw days without food..

Quick follow-up: back from my long weekend and all fish are alive and well. Thanks again for the good advice!

Yes I agree they will be fine. Many people overfeed their fish anyway. I have only ever fed my fish 3 days a week, on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Back
Top Bottom