going shopping next weekend for fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far looks like i'm going with

4 more loaches
5 bosi rainbows
8 harlequin rasboras

Plants
ludwigia
java moss
Jungle vals

Hopefully i can keep it under $50 lol.
Might up my school of tetras also.
I'm going to see how pricey the eels are and maybe get a school of hatchet fish

Just curious if i'm getting close to my stocking limit?

Hatchet fish rock- get 8 or so and some hornwort to float. But if you don't have lids on that tank ( can't tell from pic)- then don't think about it. And you'll have to feed them carefully as they don't compete well.

Id also get another 2-3 tigers.

Andysol said:
Hatchet fish rock- get 8 or so and some hornwort to float. But if you don't have lids on that tank ( can't tell from pic)- then don't think about it. And you'll have to feed them carefully as they don't compete well.

Id also get another 2-3 tigers.

Thanks and My whole top is covered.

do your rainbows that you have now school together? I have a 90 gallon that I am getting ready to stock (friday hopefully)
here is my stock plan:
2 german blue rams
2 dwarf gourami
2 molly
15 harlequin rasbora
5 bosemani rainbow
5 turquoise rainbow (not positive on adding these)
5-7 zebra loach

was kinda wanting to know how your rainbows were and wondering if they will school together - since you already have some and were adding the bosemani

They stay together. Every once in a while there will be one by himself but they usually stick together.

My barbs and tetras school also lol

They stay together. Every once in a while there will be one by himself but they usually stick together.

My barbs and tetras school also lol

cool! I am so excited to get me some new fish!! I have cherry barbs in my 20gallon - they are great! Can't decide if I should get 5 bosemani AND 5 turquoise rainbows or just the bosemani. how do they look in the bigger tank? small or fill it up nicely? what do you think? get them both??
also I was told that with the harlequins you might want to up your number since you have a large tank - that is why I am going with the 15 instead of the 7 I had originally planned.

you will have to post pics!(y)

HeatherW said:
cool! I am so excited to get me some new fish!! I have cherry barbs in my 20gallon - they are great! Can't decide if I should get 5 bosemani AND 5 turquoise rainbows or just the bosemani. how do they look in the bigger tank? small or fill it up nicely? what do you think? get them both??
also I was told that with the harlequins you might want to up your number since you have a large tank - that is why I am going with the 15 instead of the 7 I had originally planned.

you will have to post pics!(y)

The rainbows get fat so they will fill the tank nicely. I'm going with bose's just for a mix up of colors.

I've never seen harlequin in person so I dunno how they are going to look. I would do both

Another plant you could get is rotala indica. They have an awesome reddish hue just like ludwigia. Banana plants are cool too, given the proper conditions and lighting the leaves get huge and they send lilies up to the surface! It's pretty Badass having lilies i must say lol.

Smcoyle87 said:
Another plant you could get is rotala indica. They have an awesome reddish hue just like ludwigia. Banana plants are cool too, given the proper conditions and lighting the leaves get huge and they send lilies up to the surface! It's pretty Badass having lilies i must say lol.

Thanks I'll check into them

I just discovered aqadvisor and it says that hatchets wont do well with the loaches and the tiger barbs. Anyone have experience with them together?

I have to say that aqadvisor is pretty sweet. I wish I found it before lol

I just discovered aqadvisor and it says that hatchets wont do well with the loaches and the tiger barbs. Anyone have experience with them together?

I have to say that aqadvisor is pretty sweet. I wish I found it before lol

They should be fine. Tigers get a little bit of a bad rap because people usually only get a few and not a school (8 minimum IME). Plus- with 100 gallons, if they get nipped at, they'll just move to the other side a mile away. ;)

Just got home I got

5 bosemani rainbows
10 harlequins
2 more loaches

2 Java moss
1 crypt
1 Amazon sword grass (or something I can't remember until I see the receipt lol)

1 bottle of flourish excel

$68 lol not to shabby

Joe5688 said:
Just got home I got

5 bosemani rainbows
10 harlequins
2 more loaches

2 Java moss
1 crypt
1 Amazon sword grass (or something I can't remember until I see the receipt lol)

1 bottle of flourish excel

$68 lol not to shabby

Ya thats pretty good for 70!!

Back
Top Bottom