Good deal on tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shark_Bait

Aquarium Advice Freak
Found an offering in my area for 2 tanks. 10 gallon tank, comes very clean with under gravel filter, gravel, decorations, hood with light (brand new bulbs), filter, heater ==$35==

20 gallon tank, comes very clean with gravel, rocks, hood, light (brand new bulb), filter, heater ==$50==

(Or buy both for $75!)

Thats basically a copy paste from the site. What do we think? Should i jump on it? I currently have a 55 gal and a 10 gal QT but more would not hurt right :brows:

Shark_Bait said:
Found an offering in my area for 2 tanks. 10 gallon tank, comes very clean with under gravel filter, gravel, decorations, hood with light (brand new bulbs), filter, heater ==$35==

20 gallon tank, comes very clean with gravel, rocks, hood, light (brand new bulb), filter, heater ==$50==

(Or buy both for $75!)

Thats basically a copy paste from the site. What do we think? Should i jump on it? I currently have a 55 gal and a 10 gal QT but more would not hurt right :brows:

Neither sounds like a good deal to me. Brand new kits sell for that price or less.

Mr. Limpet said:
Neither sounds like a good deal to me. Brand new kits sell for that price or less.

+1 to Mr. Limpet, the seller is trying to get a full cost recovery! I'm sure that you can get a new full set kit at Petco or Petsmart for almost the same price.

I would pass on both of those. For that kinda money you can come away with a much bigger tank.

I wouldnt pay anything for a 10gal.

a 20gal, with everything to run it for $50??

Let me help put it in perspective... I helped a buddy of mine haul home a 55gal, stand, 2 filters, box of extra's (including about $200 worth of rock) all for $50 off craigslist.

My advice is think of a aquarium size you can fit in your home, and shop for that aquarium on craigslist. Then search every area you can drive to using crazedlist.org : search craigslist like a madman (gonna need to use firefox though) every single day for about 4 weeks... maybe twice a day, and i am sure you will come across a screamin deal!

Believe me, I've done it with 4 tanks... one of the tanks being a 37gallon for absolutely nothing! :)

Thanks everyone. I guess i almost got hosed. I will check around more for a better deal. I'm just looking for more tanks in case i recieve a fry surprise. like i said i have a 55 gal and a 10 gal QT already. Maybe ill search for a 35gal bowfront or something nice like that. Thanks again everyone.

i bought a 29 gallon with hood, light, stand, 2 boxes with random stuff including filter, heatpad, 3 working heaters, brand new air pum and 3 older models, master test kit, a lot of meds, a battery powered syphon and much more for about 80 of of craigslist.
i figure the tank is worth $20, the stand $35, the hood with light $10 and the rest of the stuff $80(these are what i think everything is worth used, new would be hundreds). so i think i lucked out.

How do we feel on this? I have a great black trim 50 gallon tank, with a black stand, Marineland Bio-Wheel 350 Power filter for up to a 70 gallon tank, glass hood, coralife light (silver color), gravel, and fake plants. Nothing wrong with it, selling because I bought a much larger tank. Will include some other extras as well. Take has ben broken down and ready for pick up. Will include some extras as well. 150$

How do we feel on this? I have a great black trim 50 gallon tank, with a black stand, Marineland Bio-Wheel 350 Power filter for up to a 70 gallon tank, glass hood, coralife light (silver color), gravel, and fake plants. Nothing wrong with it, selling because I bought a much larger tank. Will include some other extras as well. Take has ben broken down and ready for pick up. Will include some extras as well. 150$

i think a used 50 gal tank is worth about $40 depending on the condition(i figure anything below a 55 gal has to be less then $1 per gal because of petcos biannual sale) the stands new are about $150 depending on quality so id say for a used one would be about $75( i got my 55 gal tank stand for $25 in great condition that at petco they are selling for $185, but that was a deal because the guy just wanted to get rid of it). the gravel, sand and fake plants are worth about $15 max because people want to personalize it and use maybe a different color. Since im estimating about $135 right now and these are all max prices i think it would be a fair deal. if anyone else thinks otherwise please add your opinion.

That's not a bad deal depending on the stand, if it's just the plain press board I'd shoot for around $100-125.00. Craigslist in our area seems a little higher than some of the smaller city's around.

Sounds like a great deal to me I just sold a 10 gallon with everything for 50$ and a 33 gallon with canopy for 200$ depends on where you live 10gallon kits here are about 50$ with a canopy and that's it!

Back
Top Bottom