Gourami problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minotaur

Aquarium Advice Activist
I started a new 30 gal tank for my office a couple weeks ago. I bought 2 dwarf gouramis and they had been getting along well....for a while.

This morning the smaller of the two wont eat and is hiding in the corner. The tank has a lot of artificial plants so I had hoped that it would keep them from fighting, but the bigger one seems to get some enjoyement out of chasing the smaller around.

I was condidering returning one to the store but I am wondering if I can put one in my established tank at home.

At home I have a 30 Gal Hex tank with:
(1) 5" angel
(12) various small peaceful tetras (H&T Light, Zebra Danio, Cardinal)
(2) albino cory cats
(1) smail

Will one of the Gouramis work in the home tank?

Thanks,

The only problem that may occur with that would be the angel, as sometimes the larger or older angels can be a bit agressive. Your tank would also be slightly overstocked, so you would also have to make the commitment to keep up on water changes every week.

Thanks,

I do regular weekly PWC of 10% on the tank at home (my wife calls it being anal!!) but the angel is 7 years old, and rules the tank. It may be better is I don't upset things.

I bought the Gouramis at a Petsmart, not sure if they take them back or not...

Thanks for your help

I do regular weekly PWC of 10% on the tank at home (my wife calls it being anal!!) but the angel is 7 years old, and rules the tank. It may be better is I don't upset things.
25% PWC are even better (y) Best not to upset the angel.

I believe Petsmart does take live stock back--we were discussing this a month or so ago.

Back
Top Bottom