Gourami VS Dwarf Gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
which is better to have? i know most of the time it comes down to personal choice but in this particular decision making process i want to throw one additional factor in... when the time comes i'll be picking up a 125g or 150g AND a BGK.

i know the Dwarfs only get like 2" and would most likely be eaten by the BGK but thats just an assumption.

anyone got some input into this matter?

There are many species of gourami, not just dwarf gourami and gourami. With the tank space that you're going to have, I would personally pick a larger gourami than a dwarf. Pearl gouramis get larger than dwarfs, are relatively peaceful, and can be kept in groups. They should be too large to get eaten by a BGK.

Definitely would go with the pearl as said, I have one & he's peaceful with his tank mates :)

Thank you both for your input, I'll keep them in mind... Should I wait until I have the 125 to get them or will they be comfortable in a 55g for a few months maybe?

They will be fine in a 55 gallon. No need to rush on the upgrade. You could keep a group of pearls for life in a 55 if you wanted to.

The 125 is coming at a great deal to me... Tank, stand, lights, in stand filter(sump I think??) pretty much everything I need for around $200 from a coworker so im gonna buy it, if I won't need it for a while I'll just store it :)

I think moonlight gouramis or snakeskin gouramis get bigger so those are also an option.

Back
Top Bottom