Green and purple algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have Texas Holey Rock in a African tank set up. A couple of the rocks have a dark green color that looks like it is painted on. I also have a purplelish color forming too. Was just wondering if anyone has seen, or know anything about this... By the way I do think it is pretty cool!... Thanks in advance..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the article!.. I've read through it and the purple color maybe a form of the red algae... The green color looks like it has been painted on.... It doesn't have a hairlike appearance at all..its is very interesting! I keep a low led light on while I'm at work and only really turn the main lights on for feeding and to watch them.... Less than an hour...

Thank you Caliban07!..I believe you are correct!. I did a Google search for pics and there it is. In most of the pics it seems to be a complete nuisance ... Clinging to everything(glass,sand,deco) while mine is just on my rock. Like I had said earlier in its current state in my take I actually really like it. Hopefully it remains that way. Thank you again for your response!!

Thank you Caliban07!..I believe you are correct!. I did a Google search for pics and there it is. In most of the pics it seems to be a complete nuisance ... Clinging to everything(glass,sand,deco) while mine is just on my rock. Like I had said earlier in its current state in my take I actually really like it. Hopefully it remains that way. Thank you again for your response!!

No worries bud. If you only have a bit on your rock it's not too much to worry about. I have bits of it too here and there but some times it strikes and covers everything. They said it is exacerbated or even caused by low nitrate/low flow.

Back
Top Bottom