Green stuff on rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BboyTony

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well I have many rocks but throughout my experience about aquariums I have one rock in particular that have these green stuff on it...sometimes my guppies will pick on it...I'm not sure what it is, I'm thinking algae...but should I clean it? Heard it was good for the tank, like a good bacteria

BboyTony said:
Well I have many rocks but throughout my experience about aquariums I have one rock in particular that have these green stuff on it...sometimes my guppies will pick on it...I'm not sure what it is, I'm thinking algae...but should I clean it? Heard it was good for the tank, like a good bacteria

A picture would help a lot...

BboyTony said:

Its probably algae.

It's algea. I have the same thing . looks like a moss covered rock right. I just leave it there, it doesnt do any harm.

Try reducing the amount of light used daily. I believe I've heard 4 hrs on and 4 off will help. Someone can correct me on that for sure. Also try and not overfeed.
I'm having some algae. A little don't bother me but I don't want to much

Sorry no pic, and it's like moss...I only got a Lil tho....I guess it's ok, and my lights r on for 8 hours maybe 10....depends...I need the light for the plants to grow tho

10 hours of light is actually quite a lot if you aren't dosing CO2. I would have to agree with Flossie, you might want to try and reduce the amount of light you're using.
What kind of light is it, and what size tank? Also, what kind of plants?

Back
Top Bottom