Have you heard this one before?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have read that platys start off as female and than either stay female or change to male. I thought I had a female for a long time and then bam she was now a he!

I read a story about a male molly that turned out to be a female and gave birth several times. I remember a story of a female peacock turning into a male. Nature is amazing.

Geronica said:
Has anyone heard of a male fish turning into a female fish:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Salt water fish like clown fish among others and freshwater fish like angels among others all start out as males and once a group has been formed the dominant male changes into a female it's his/her way of making sure all offspring are his/hers this is why they recommend to have only odd numbers of angels and clown fish.

Salt water fish like clown fish among others and freshwater fish like angels among others all start out as males and once a group has been formed the dominant male changes into a female it's his/her way of making sure all offspring are his/hers this is why they recommend to have only odd numbers of angels and clown fish.

wow is all that I can say:eek:

...joey... said:

So if I have 2 male angel fish one of them will turn in to a female? I have heard that it happens the other way around with other fish, plus how can u tell with angel fish if its male or female?

Back
Top Bottom