Hear me out people..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just picked up a 20 tall at the Petco 1$/gal sale woooo! I have a 10 running now, the stock in the 10 will go into the 20, aqadvisor approved;) my real question is this.. Can I fill up the 20, take a aqueon 30 that has been running on my 29 alongside a penguin 200(rated for 55) put it on the. 20, add some bb loaded gravel as well, a sponge filter that has been running in the 10 for months. All that being said, would it be crazy to have this 20 cycled/transfer ready by Monday evening?

Yes with that much seeded media being added to the tank it will basically be cycled.

Will not having a heater in there for a day kill bb? Temp will not drop past 65f

Will not having a heater in there for a day kill bb? Temp will not drop past 65f

Personally I would wait till you almost ready to move the fish before adding the seeded media since your going to want the ammonia the fish produce as food to keep the BB fed. Also one day at a lower temp would hurt too much but I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to.

Personally I would wait till you almost ready to move the fish before adding the seeded media since your going to want the ammonia the fish produce as food to keep the BB fed. Also one day at a lower temp would hurt too much but I wouldn't do it if I didn't have to.
Makes sense, I'll get another heater to get the tank on the up and up, back-up's are not a bad thing as I've had heaters fail before..

A good buy if you can find one is the 40 gallon breeder for 40 bucks! I got one the last sale. Fish have lots of swimming room in it.

A good buy if you can find one is the 40 gallon breeder for 40 bucks! I got one the last sale. Fish have lots of swimming room in it.
They had it, no room though, I'm replacing a 10 with the 20, I have a 46 bowfront sitting in storage:( I neeed moreee spaceee ahhhhh

Alrighty than! Set up and running:) keep in mind the 20 in the left is being retired.. Most people cook In the kitchen. Me? Notahhhh soo much..

image-3177450647.jpg

Alrighty than! Set up and running:) keep in mind the 20 in the left is being retired.. Most people cook In the kitchen. Me? Notahhhh soo much..

View attachment 214043

:ROFLMAO: I haven't used my microwave for a few months because i have a 20g set up beside it and am afraid of vibrations and radiation harming my fish. Us aquarium keepers need to learn to eat algae. It would solve a big problem and allow us to set our kitchens as fish rooms.

Nice looking tank. Can you be encouraged to show it's dark side and add a black background :devilish:

:ROFLMAO: I haven't used my microwave for a few months because i have a 20g set up beside it and am afraid of vibrations and radiation harming my fish. Us aquarium keepers need to learn to eat algae. It would solve a big problem and allow us to set our kitchens as fish rooms. Nice looking tank. Can you be encouraged to show it's dark side and add a black background :devilish:
Haha, it's bad, I know, I'm still working on it, I'm really going for it on this one, I have a plan this time, not just throw **** in as I acquire, DIY black back for sure! See the acrylic top I made? I'm rather proud of myself:)

image-2812875371.jpg

Ok so day three, added the rest of my fish in, put the heavy poopers in yesterday(Pleco and guppys) Ph 7.4/7.6 Amm 0-0.02 (barely lighter than yellow on API) Nitrite 0 Nitrate 5-10ppm Did slow drip acclimation In bucket for 45 min(thanks Nimo ) fish are very happy, schooled right up, colors vibrant.. image-2385153078.jpg Still needs some aqua scaping and background but it's a start:)

image-3928057753.jpg

Nice job!!!!
Thanks! I'm very happy to have them in a much more suitable environment than the freaky carnival 10 they were in! I felt bad leaving all the mts and bb in the filter behind though so I put the filter box on my 29 in hopes to have an assassin buffet going in no time! It's funny how attached I've become to my bb!

Haha, it's bad, I know, I'm still working on it, I'm really going for it on this one, I have a plan this time, not just throw **** in as I acquire, DIY black back for sure! See the acrylic top I made? I'm rather proud of myself:)

View attachment 214062

At least the table around your tanks is tidy. I have allowed so much aquarium junk to pile up there i'm ashamed. Your acrylic top is very good you should be proud of it. So what is your wishlist for plants at the moment?

At least the table around your tanks is tidy. I have allowed so much aquarium junk to pile up there i'm ashamed. Your acrylic top is very good you should be proud of it. So what is your wishlist for plants at the moment?
Haha you should see the table my 29 is on, crazy clutter! acrylic hood was trashed yesterday actually, slowly warped until it was lifted 1/2" on each side, bummer, bought a aqueon hood, have added java fern, java moss, rotala indica, anubais, and some narrow leaf chain sword. image-262008717.jpg Added a black/blue background last night.

Back
Top Bottom