Hello again and what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomSawyer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Lol ok second post in less than 5 minutes...

This question also relates to the 35g freshwater tank where I asked about the appearance of Ramshorn snails.

Tank specifics... I am running two sun/sun 404B canister filters on this 35g bowed tank, Finnex 24/7 lighting, Bluetooth heater and backup, whisper 100 air pump...the tank is crystal, water changes every two weeks...etc.
8 cory's, 7 cherry barbs, green spotted pleco, golden nugget pleco

Along with the snail(s) that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, I notice these balls of fluff growing or caught on the stems of some of the plastic plants directly under the output flow....at first I thought it was just dirt, but it never seemed to change place even after cleaning or water changes, there were only a few but one has continued to grow in size and in my opinion this thing is alive, it reacts like a weed or anemone … here's the vid...let me know

Hmmm... the site wont allow me to attach a vid, here's a couple of pics ...lol well that didn't work either...k I must have some forum restrictions until I confirm or do something....I'll be back with this issue … I hope

Hi TomSawyer,
If the fluff that is near the output of the filter is black is almost certainly black beard algae. ( dark blue)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom