help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xmattlongx

Aquarium Advice Regular
A guy offered me a free 75g. He has two feathfins and a Jack D. Is it wrong to want to relocate them to my buddies fish store? I want the tank not the fish.

Unless you out and out promise the guy to keep the fish forever, he can't hold you to it and you shouldn't feel bad about it.

The fish will outgrow the tank anyway. I have one featherfin in a 75. I can't imagine more.

ask them first, but should be fine. ask ur buddy if they have ever been ill so the lfs can QT them. what do u want in there? x

You could have a TON of kuhlis in there. I love mine, I have about a dozen in my 46.

There are two schools of thought on them that I've seen.

1) Featherfin synodontis cannot be kept with other featherfins, however, it can be kept with other synodontis species.

2) Featherfins should be kept in groups.

Pick your poison.

I keep only one due to tank size and also because I've read in numerous places that rule #1 applies but have rarely seen that rule #2 applies. I also feel that he makes a splendid sole specimen.

Let the person that is offering you the free tank know that you plan to rehome the fish at the LFS. If keeping the fish is a condition of getting the free tank, then the individual may be understandably upset. If not, it will probably be no big deal.

Yeah I'd rather go no feathfin. Since my loaches will be kings/queens of the bottom of the tank. That and I'm afraid the JD will pick on my other fish.

Back
Top Bottom