help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vindogg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi people, since my filter broke I have replaced it with the original components for the aqua one 620t. It has been running for about a week now.

I have done my water test n I can't seem to get them down I have done a few water changes in that time n the levels aint changing any help on this problem please

How much of a water change are you doing and how often. What are the test readins that you are getting?

Well I done a about a 25 % change at the start then a half change and a 25% change again.

Ammo 0.1
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate 75
PH 7

You need to be doing at least 50% wc daily to get those numbers down..

No the ammonia and trates will harm them before the water changes.

vindogg said:
Well I done a about a 25 % change at the start then a half change and a 25% change again.

Ammo 0.1
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate 75
PH 7

Wow that is a very high nitrate level. Do at least a 50% water change, retest a little while later & do another 50% & repeat until nitrates are below 40 at the very least, lower if at all possible. Multiple water changes in a day won't harm the cycle or fish.but do at least 2 water changes in a day.

Thanks for that information il take that on board iv just done one so il test the water in an hour n do another later on thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom