HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
I accidentally forgot to condition my water before adding it back in the tank. I didn't do the whole bucket but half. I added about 5 ml to the bucket and another 5 to the tank. Will it be okay? I have three pea puffers and albino bushy nose

I am sure you will be fine. The conditioner is to stop any trace elements that are harmful to the fish. Especially since it is only half you should be fine. Your fish will get a bit stressed out, they may have their immune system lowered a bit, but thats all that should happen. No worries. Is it a brackish tank?

I am sure you will be fine. The conditioner is to stop any trace elements that are harmful to the fish. Especially since it is only half you should be fine. Your fish will get a bit stressed out, they may have their immune system lowered a bit, but thats all that should happen. No worries. Is it a brackish tank?

No it isn't

Oh that is interesting. I have never seen freshwater puffers haha. But have you done that before, if so what happened? I am sure your fish may get a bit stressed, but it is nothing to freak over

Oh that is interesting. I have never seen freshwater puffers haha. But have you done that before, if so what happened? I am sure your fish may get a bit stressed, but it is nothing to freak over

No I haven't. I just spaced it. And yeah there are like four species of freshwater puffers. I also have fresh water gobies

Yeah I know of those. My LFS has platies in their reef with clownfish. Well good luck to you! I hope everything comes out good!

My concern is that without conditioning the water you did not neutralize the chlorine in the water. Th chlorine will kill all the nitrifying bacteria in your filter. You need to keep a close eye on ammonia levels for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And 3 mollies but can't work out what is eating my male guppies tales

Your gourami or mollies are fin nipping. The flowing fins of the guppies are prime fins to be nipped. Only course of action is to separate them. It won't outright kill your guppies but it stresses them a lot and will eventually stress them to death.

My gourima have just been at the back of the tank for the last two days but the Molly's have been in with the guppies since day one I have 3 male and the rest are all female guppies

Back
Top Bottom