Help feeding Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ac30fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

Can I get some advice on how to properly feed (and not over feed) 6 panda Corys?

I'm convinced my chronic elevated nitrite problem is a result of over feeding.

Ive never owned this many Corys, & i must be over compensating for fear that they won't get enough food.

Can someone walk me thru a typical day feeding Corys with pellets, and anything else that's recommended?

Thanks,

B

how I do it is:: I get the API Bottom feeder pellets instead of rounds, tablets, or discs and give 1 per fish 2x a day. If they need more to eat I'm sure they find it from my bad habit of over feeding the bettas and endlers..
Seems to do well for both them and my water quality. My peppered's have even started spawning since i cut the dose down!

I have Julii Corey's and I feed 1 pellet each twice a day. They also eat what ever is left over from the flake food that my Tetras don't eat. I have kept this regiment for over two years now and all is well.

I hve 2 albino cories n 4 bronze cories .. i use omega one sinking veggie discs .. i only feed once a day i break the disc up into pieces n my honey gourami eats on some while they sink then joins the cories at the bottom.. i try to drop 1 piece per cory then 1 or 2 for my gourami.. i also have 4 otos usually they dont eat anything just stay on my glass eating all day.. every now n then one strays n eats a piece of waffer..

Feeding Corydoras

Hi all,

Can I get some advice on how to properly feed (and not over feed) 6 panda Corys?

I'm convinced my chronic elevated nitrite problem is a result of over feeding.

Ive never owned this many Corys, & i must be over compensating for fear that they won't get enough food.

Can someone walk me thru a typical day feeding Corys with pellets, and anything else that's recommended?

Thanks,

B

Hello Ac...

I've kept different species of Corydoras for several years and feed just a couple of times a week and just a bit even then. Corys prefer meat, so I feed a variety of frozen foods. I generally feed frozen brine and mysis shrimp, bloodworms, krill and plankton cubes. These have no additives and are the most nutritious.

I sometimes feed a veggie biscuit and a little minced garlic. The Corys will eat a bit of plant material and the garlic is a source of vitamins and a natural antibotic.

Fish are very small and have smaller stomachs. It doesn't take much to sustain them. Corys like to forage for small leftovers and the activity does them a lot of good. They'll live a long time if you feed just a bit and keep up with your weekly water changes.

B

I had the same question... I've just been using shrimp pellets for the short time I've had my Pandas. Not really sure how much to feed for 5 of them, and underfeeding is always a concern. I've been feeding them 1 time a day at night, probably more than 1 pellet per fish. Even if I feed my goldfish 1st they still eat some of the cories food.

Thanks all.. I was def feeding more than 2 per Cory per day, so I will dial it back a bit

Thanks again for responding

B

Back
Top Bottom