Help identifying gravel worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kittyfish21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 10 gallon tank that I’m stripping and this is the second tear down of this tank that has reviled these worms they are a few inches long they live in the gravel and don’t bother anything but I don’t know where they came from and I want to try to prevent them I’ve boiled my substrate (fluorite black) to kill any other inhabitants before the reset begins

Picture of worm included in attachment :thanks:

Attachments

• DC916B45-A13F-40C0-BBA1-10B75CB1ADA9.jpg
    DC916B45-A13F-40C0-BBA1-10B75CB1ADA9.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 55
Worms

url

I hope that this helps some.

Lol On my phone when I first looked at it I thought you were referring to the photo shopped in lines… I was so incredibly confused

Just looks like Detritus worm to me.

I am positive that it is a worm and alive the picture is actually a screen grab from a video that I couldnt figure out how to post. I thought it was a detritus worm but it is more than an inch long im starting to lean towards black worms or tubiflex worms. they look like small earthworms that live in the gravel and they slink to move. they appear to be smoothe.

Hard to tell because color seems off and no sense of scale. But yeah, if you’ve ever fed those worms live they could be reproducing in the gravel. Some people intentionally try to do that to provide live food for their fish.

Back
Top Bottom