Help identifying Guppy sex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samt1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Guys I have 3 Guppys that remain from my baby invasion a few months ago, he rest went to a new home. I now am having trouble deciding what these 3 are, I know 1 is definitely a male but the other 2 I do't know sometimes think there male but then don't really know what I'm looking for, could you have a look at the attached images and see if you can tell me. I apologise now as I tried taking pics but that didn't work so only way I could do it was video and take stills from that but eve that hasn't worked well at all so might be a bit hard but would appreciate the help.

Regards
Sam.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 68
All the guppies in all three pictures appear to be male. What you are looking for is the "Gonopodium" which is the male reproductive "fin" on the bottom.

Basically - male guppies' bottom fin looks like a hangnail, where females have a regular triangle bottom fin.

All the guppies in all three pictures appear to be male. What you are looking for is the "Gonopodium" which is the male reproductive "fin" on the bottom.

Basically - male guppies' bottom fin looks like a hangnail, where females have a regular triangle bottom fin.

Thanks a lot mate, I'll have a proper look later, but hopefully if there all males then I don't have to worry about more breeding!! :)

Vircomore said:

I agree, all male.

Back
Top Bottom