Help me please i really need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ch-b

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello guys i did setup my 80 gallon from like 1 month ago i have 2 big driftwood in the tank and sand and 1 java moss tied it to a driftwood i was adding some fish food flakes and i did a test from a couple of weeks and i saw some little nitrates and little nitrite then after a while i added 1 biodigest bacteria with some fish food flake for more bacteria to make sure that i have bacteria in the tank now after a couple of days of adding them i did a test today for nitrate and nitrite and they are both 0..? what does that means please help :( as i understand that they cycle need to be finished i need to have some nitrate and then water change and done what's happening it could possible my java moss took all the nitrate? and my cycle finished ..? :ermm:

Fish flakes aren't an acceptable source of ammonia. There isn't any control over the amount of ammonia production as well as it being a tiny amount. At this point I would say your tank isn't cycled. The nitrate you had before could have been consumed by algae growth in the tank as well as a mistake with the test.

You really should be using straight ammonia that is surfactant / perfume free as it will give you more control over your cycle.

Follow this guide and you will have a well cycled tank.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...guide-and-faq-to-fishless-cycling-148283.html

Back
Top Bottom