help please !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay so a month ago i switched everything over from my old 25 gallon aquarium to a new 29 gallon bio wheel ...and well my 2 filters was out in my old tank (tetra internal whispers ..so i took the bio sponges out and the filter cartrages and with clean dechlorinated tank water removed all the carbon from the cartrages and stuffed my bio sponges in there i had two socks and two bio sponges as i was running two filters in my old tank and since my old filters was bad i just stuffed the socks and sponges in my new filter with new cartrage and biowheel hoping aventcually the bb would transfer two my bio wheel well last night my bio wheel started not spinging and after trouble shooting i found out that its cause now my old filter media from old tank is making the filter over flow into the aquarium and not get the correct flow to push the bio wheel so i was wandering how long i had to wait with old media in the new filter for the bio wheel to pick up bb and if it would be safe to take out the old media now (its been almost 3 weeks)

**I Know there some major grammer and misspelling mistakes but im fighting to stay awake to figure out this problem

im just worried cause i would hate to take out the media and the bb die on it and not be able to put it back in if i need it ...whats worrying me is i dont see the bacteria on the bio wheel and when i look at an established bio wheel you can actually see a differance in it cause of the bacteria

Back
Top Bottom