HELP!! Very aggressive ram cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a German blue ram cichlid 2 days ago and he has already claimed two rock formations in my tank and they are big so he pretty much claimed my whole tank and attacks all my fish relentlessly is he going to eventually kill them?

He will either kill them or stress them to death...

There's no telling if he will calm down with time, but it's probably for the best to remove the ram from the tank.

10 gallon tiger barb, golden barb, swordtail.

The tank is to small which is what's causing the aggression since he's claimed the entire tank, this will not stop so I'd either rehome the ram, the other fish, or look for a larger tank.

Last edited:
I'm not home now so I don't have a pic of it but can you sex this by its description it has black on its fins hanging off its belly tall dorsal fin looks sharp on front of fin big forehead.

I can't get a bigger tank or take it back so if I let nature take its course what will happen?

Stress is bad for all living things, just like humans this can and will lead to illness. Especially for fish stress is a huge problem because they can’t do anything to reduce it, this condition increases in a small tank. He will either kill them or potentially stress them to death.

Could try putting a divider in, so he stays on one side for a few day. This worked my my angel that was really aggressive

He's doing a little better now just makes sure nobody is close to his rock....roar!

Back
Top Bottom