Help - What is This??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TownsendJD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found this in my tank while cleaning it today. I've never seen anything like it. They are on all the plants in that corner. I do have two snails, though not sure of what kind. They are small round and dark. I looked up what baby snails look like and it didnt look the same. Please help me identify this before I have a heart attack lol

Attachments

• 20200418_171222.jpg
    20200418_171222.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 24
What are we looking for in the picture? The dots?

Are they moving? Snail eggs possibly though they are usually in clusters. Except nerites. Are your snails nerites?

Yes, the dots. They don't appear to be moving. And I'm not sure of the type of snail, so I included a picture of one of those as well.

Attachments

• 20200419_072011.jpg
    20200419_072011.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 17
Looks like it could be a nerite. Nerites tend to leave eggs scattered around areas like this. They’re usually whitish but color could be an artifact of the photo?

If so they won’t hatch in freshwater. Bit unsightly and hard to remove from soft surfaces though. In my experience nerites tend to lay bunches of eggs for a couple months and then it tapers off .

Yeah, on that plant they appear darker but on the ones I took out the tank they looked more tan colored, and were hard to scrape off. Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom