Help with 66g Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteShark

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After not having an aquarium for about 8 years I’m back in the game. I’ve got a 66g up and running with 4 angels, 7 black neon tetras, 6 emerald corys, 6 kuhli loaches, and a bristlenose. I’ve been thinking about adding another peaceful cichlid species and I cannot decide on what to get. The way I see it my options are Rams, Apistogrammas, Acaras, or a Keyhole.

Has anyone had any experience with angels and acaras? acaras and bottom dwellers like corys and kuhlis? how about angels and a pearl gourami? I’ve heard Rams are about as peaceful as a cichlid species can get so maybe that’s my best option, although I love the size of the acara. What’re we thinkin’?

One thing which might cause issues is when the Angels pair up and begin breeding behavior and protecting their half / third of the tank, making life miserable for the other fish.

Previously I kept 2 Angel pair one pair each stayed in each end of the tank primarily and there was a lovely Pearl Gourami which stayed mostly around the top and center. 72G bowfront.

After a while I lost an Angel, causing the breakup of the other pair to re-pair up across the tank, and then there was never any peace in the tank, anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom