Help with final stocking - 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PerfectDepth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for suggestions or opinions on how to complete the stocking of my moderately-planted 10 gallon tank. Here's the stock so far:

5 harlequin rasboras
5 neon tetras
1 otocinclus
2 red cherry shrimp (a male and a female - I'm hoping they will breed)

I'm considering these options:

1) don't add any more fish, and let the shrimp multiply until there are 20 or 30 total

2) add 2 more neons for a total of 7

3) add 1 more neon and 1 more oto

4) add a single centerpiece fish - possibly a honey gourami or a peacock gudgeon (if I can find one)

5) ?

Now that the neons have settled in, I want to finish stocking my tank- hopefully this weekend. I just can't decide what to add. Any suggestions?

I would up the ottos to 3 and call it stocked.
Also no offense but I dont find aquaadvisernto be a good way to check your stocking level. It cannot look at all variables and I just dont find it very accurate. It is confusing to those young in the hobby because it might say something is ok that we all know is not or vice versa.

I would up the ottos to 3 and call it stocked. Also no offense but I dont find aquaadvisernto be a good way to check your stocking level. It cannot look at all variables and I just dont find it very accurate. It is confusing to those young in the hobby because it might say something is ok that we all know is not or vice versa.
I don't go by it religiously but I do use it as a rough estimate of stocking

I agree with Mattyfelts on this one. But if you want to do decide to do a centerpiece fish you could put a female betta. The dont get too big and they are generally more friendly with the smaller fish. They don't have the long flowy fins but they still give color. Elegant color at that. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've decided to add at least 1 more neon, and maybe another oto too. It's a tough choice, but I think the neons will be happier, especially at feeding time. The rasboras are voracious eaters- I think the neons are still kinda intimidated by them.

My penguin 100 with extra bio-media would probably be sufficient, but I plan to upgrade to an aquaclear 30 before the neons are full-grown just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom