Hiding Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a few tanks. The one that I have been watching is my 10 gal tank. I got 2 peacock grudgeon and 2 threadfin rainbows. That is all. So for 2 days I watched these fish hide not eat or make any kind of appearance. So I took 2 of my red eye tetras and put them in there and WOW now the other fish have made an appearance. They are now eating and swimming around trying to school with the tetras. (yes I do know that my tetras can be a little nippy and love to chase) I'm keeping a real good eye on these 2. I will remove them in about a week or two. Anyone else had this issue before?

Peacocks can be shy. I have one and she comes out every so often. Threadfins are Rainbowfish, they need schools of 5-6. Threadfins in particular can be skittish anyway. I would bump the school to about 5-6 and they will feel more comfortable to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had this problem before with discus. They were shy and skittish. Adding a shoal of neons which swam out in the main water area of the tank gave the discus confidence and they then used all of the tank. I think the principle is that shy fish know there is no danger if other fish are swimming around.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom