Honey gourami and dwarf gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IAmMP44

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’m interested in getting a honey gourami and a dwarf gourami for my 55 gallon tank, however, I read online that these two may fight. Both dwarf gourami’s and honey gourami’s are labeled as peaceful fish. Is this true? Will they fight?

They are related to bettas so it really depends on the dwarf gouramis personality. honey gourami from what I've read are very peaceful so you could just 2 of those.

Plant the tank well or at least give a lot of places for them to hide and they should be fine. 55g is a large tank for 2 dwarf gouramis so as long as there are places to get away then aggression should be at a minimum. I personally would go with the honey gouramis and try to get a male and female. Sara is right about gouramis temperaments. You never truly know what you have.

I you should be fine is there are plenty of places to hide and get out of sight. However, if you are worried, I would recommend getting 1 male honey Gourami, 1 female honey Gourami, and two female dwarf Gouramis. Males have a point at the back of their dorsal fin, while the females have rounded dorsal fins. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom