how???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zilla870

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have feeders in tank. how to get rid of them is the question! we heard they carry parasites and they have served their purpose. we can't net them! whats to do??? help us please!!!!!!! we don't want to mess up our tank though! thanks in advance! zilla & wifie

Now that you already have them, any harm would be done already. What tank are they in?

Have you tried reading the sticky on catching fish? I like the two net method myself. Trust me, you can catch them.

we used hand and net method! got kinda wet, but it worked!!!!!!!! :drain: hahaha hey mattrox, you have a guppy bowl, we have a feeder toilet bowl for about 1.2.3.4.5...... flush. :drain: no more!!!!!!!!

I think it's inhumane to flush live fish. :cry: It's not their fault they are feeders, why should they have to suffer for it?

well its also inhumane to put fish to death to feed other fish some say. its all perspective. in the wild fish have a chance to get away. here its almost certain death. \

but still you shouldnt flush live fish. you could of tried to quarentine them on some way.

well, how do i say,"they lived longer then they would have if they were used as food and i am very sorry that i had to flush them but i did say i word or two b4 they went and they were looking very bad."

well its also inhumane to put fish to death to feed other fish some say. its all perspective. in the wild fish have a chance to get away. here its almost certain death. \

I understand that, that's one of the reasons I don't use feeders- I just can't stomach it. But I wasn't going to get into that here. Some people feed their fish feeder fish, I can accept that if that's what they want to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well, how do i say,"they lived longer then they would have if they were used as food and i am very sorry that i had to flush them but i did say i word or two b4 they went and they were looking very bad."

I know they lived longer than they would have if used as food, but at least if used as food then some other fish can benefit from them. But you didn't have to flush them. If you wanted to kill them there are much more humane ways to do it than that. Sorry, that's JMO. I guess it's the vegetarian in me.

vegeterian or not some time we all have to do the hard thing for our pets.
i my have a strong stomach then most i guess.

But IMO you didn't do that for your pets, you did it because you didn't want them anymore. I've had to euthanize 2 fish since beginning the hobby, fish that were sick and obviously not going to make it, and I did it to end the suffering, not because I didn't want them anymore. So I am capable of euthanizing a fish, but only for what I consider the right reasons. That's all I'm going to say about it because I really don't want to start any arguments here, I like all you guys. I just have a big mouth and had to throw in my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom