Little black snail infestation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank_lady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Help!

We just noticed a small infestation in our tank of tiny black snails. They do not look harmful but would rather not have them. Quarantine just didn’t happen for because we don’t have the extra space/ money for a quarantine tank so we just added new mystery snails into our home tank. How can we get rid of these tiny black snails?? We do once a week WC.

Getting rid of pest snails once they are in there is nearly impossible.

There are chemical means to kill them, but these can kill snails you might want to keep and shrimp.

Assassin snails will eat them, but again they might eat snails you want to keep and shrimp.

Controlling the numbers is the most likely course. Manually remove them or kill them. Piece of cucumber to attract them then remove the cucumber. Or fashion a trap. Make sure you dont overfeed so there isnt excess food to allow the population to grow out of control.

Ive just had a similar infestation, im just squishing them with my thumb when i see them. There is no way i will be rid of them in that tank now.

Bummer wow thanks yeah I’ll just have to keep the mighty thumb handy

Back
Top Bottom