How big do Goldfish get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-=Jeff=-

Aquarium Advice Freak
both my kids have 10g community tanks. They also both won a goldfish each at a school fair last year. which they added to their tanks

My son's is no longer gold and is white.. But both are big (relative to the tetras and guppies) I know I should move them out of there, but until I get a new tank up for my cichlids they need to stay put..

How big with goldfish grow to?

I would really move them out of there...if these are common goldfish they get big, like a foot long, I'd suggest a really big tank or a pond. If they are fancies, I'd say twenty gallon tank with ten gallons for each one after. Are they common ones or fancy ones?

I would really move them out of there...if these are common goldfish they get big, like a foot long, I'd suggest a really big tank or a pond. If they are fancies, I'd say twenty gallon tank with ten gallons for each one after. Are they common ones or fancy ones?

How do I know if they are common or fancy.. my guess is they are the cheapest ones you could buy. the Fair at their school bought a couple hundred I think. I will get some pictures if they stay still long enough

I am getting my 55 (48l) in a couple weeks then I can get it set for my cichlids. then I can move the goldfish in to the 40 I have until I get the other 50 set-up

Commons look like regular goldfish, fancies are ones that are irregularly shaped and have long-flowing fins, like bettas.

My guess is you have a common one...in there for a year now??? It could possibly be stunted. I would try rehoming them, They get really big (one foot long!) and are very messy. The best place they can be is a pond or a huge tank.

Sorry for the bad Cell phone photos..

My Daughter's:
2011-08-08_18-55-02_124.jpg

My Son's (on the left)
2011-08-08_18-54-19_72.jpg

Back
Top Bottom