how can I tell if my parrot fish is dyed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adnanosmani07

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently found out that my parrot fish can be dyed, the color is pink and its that going to harm my a angle fishs threw sickness. Should I return it caz I had it for about 2 years

I recently found out that my parrot fish can be dyed, the color is pink and its that going to harm my a angle fishs threw sickness. Should I return it caz I had it for about 2 years

It's not that it's sick or anything I take care of it well

Its fine. the dying is a horrible process because there is a 50%+ mortality rate on the fish but after that process they are fine.

As long as you've had yours I wouldn't worry about returning it as long as you are able to provide it a proper home.

Fish dying is a very controversial subject. They also tattoo parrots and cut off their tails to make them heart shaped! I feel so bad for all the abused little parrots. Other fish like flowerhorns suffer the same horrific mutilation processes. They also dye baby bunnies and chickens for people to give their kids for Easter!

As long as you've had yours I wouldn't worry about returning it as long as you are able to provide it a proper home.

Fish dying is a very controversial subject. They also tattoo parrots and cut off their tails to make them heart shaped! I feel so bad for all the abused little parrots. Other fish like flowerhorns suffer the same horrific mutilation processes. They also dye baby bunnies and chickens for people to give their kids for Easter!

Ok kool, since its been 2 years I guess I shouldn't worry about and its doing really well.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom