How long does it take for molly fry to grow up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Faelrin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had these babies for a couple months now, and they are still in the breeder trap, and still tiny, although they did grow up a little bit. I've had them since August. How big are they supposed to be now, and have I been feeding them properly? I feed them powdered fish flakes, and on rare occasions, crushed blood worms.

Well...just as I was writing this I just found another baby, in my tank. So I'm going to guess my female just had more at some point (possibly last night?), because this wasn't one of my other babies because they were all in the trap. I caught it and placed it in with the others, and I can see they have grown some, but not much, when compared to this one. Any help would be much appreciated.

More water changes and multiple daily feedings will help them grow faster. However, in general at about 3 - 4 months old they should be breeding age.

I feed my guppy fry 5 - 6 times a day and they grew way way faster than my roommates guppy fry that were born at about the same time. That along with many frequent water changes and they ended up being about twice the size by breeding age.

Is their breeding age their adult size? Or smaller then that? I guess I'll have to feed them more then, since I only feed them once per day. Thank you for the advice.

Is their breeding age their adult size? Or smaller then that? I guess I'll have to feed them more then, since I only feed them once per day. Thank you for the advice.

They will get a fair amount bigger than their breeding size. Mollies top out at around 5 - 6 inches depending on their breeding.

Your Mollies

Hello Fae...

Depending on how you keep them, Mollies can be adult size in about 6 months. They're able to reproduce earlier than this, though.

Don't forget to add a little salt with these fish. Without it, they're prone to disease.

B

I give them a teaspoon of salt after every water change. Is that enough or do they need more?

Back
Top Bottom