Possible Tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mossbonesoup

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gallon long with a 207 Fluval Canister Filter. I have a mystery snail, a albino bristlenose pleco, a bumblebee catfish, a couple ghost shrimp, and a young male betta. I was wondering what fish I could add to be with my betta, no more bottom feeders though. I don't know what kind the betta is because he is too young for me to know yet, but I suspect he is just some kind of young elephant ear. I don't want to tetras because I don't want them nipping at the baby, and I don't want any live bearing fish because I've had too much trouble with having unexpected fry. What are my other options?? I'm at a loss, honestly.

I have a 29 gallon long with a 207 Fluval Canister Filter. I have a mystery snail, a albino bristlenose pleco, a bumblebee catfish, a couple ghost shrimp, and a young male betta. I was wondering what fish I could add to be with my betta, no more bottom feeders though. I don't know what kind the betta is because he is too young for me to know yet, but I suspect he is just some kind of young elephant ear. I don't want to tetras because I don't want them nipping at the baby, and I don't want any live bearing fish because I've had too much trouble with having unexpected fry. What are my other options?? I'm at a loss, honestly.
Look into a school of Harlequin Rasboras, Rasbora espei or Pigmy Hatchetfish ( if your tank has a lid) . Other fish that you could add with the Betta would make good bait for the catfish. :( These are all middle or top dwelling species. (y)

Back
Top Bottom