How many plecos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koikeeper99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can i keep more then one pleco in the same tank? I already have a 10" common but ive been seeing other cool looking plecos and i wanted one haha, but ill get one when i upgrade to a 150-200g tank so would that be able to home them without agression?

If you have plenty of places for them to hide and different territories for them to take up they will do fine. Some species if Plecos are more aggressive and territorial towards other Plecos but most are pretty peaceful. I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 bristlenose Plecos both males one is albino and one is regular also I have a clown Pleco in the tank. They all get along and have not had any problems. Just make sure you do your research about the Plecos before you buy them like any other fish. There are some amazing Plecos out there.

Ok ive seen chocolate plecos sold at the local petco but what do you think is a cool looking pleco and relativly cheap?

I haven't seen the chocolate Pleco but right now at my petco they have a really nice peppermint Pleco that I am thinking of getting for my other tank. It's $25 so it's relatively cheap for the not so commonly found Plecos. I have also seen some albino long fin bristlenose Plecos that look pretty cool for $12

Koikeeper99 said:
Ok ive seen chocolate plecos sold at the local petco but what do you think is a cool looking pleco and relativly cheap?

I have a Butterfly pleco in my tank and I think he looks pretty cool. Got him from petco for $16.

I don't have a pic that I took of a longfin but I got a pic from google and the pic of the peppermint is the one I am going to get.

Attachments

• image-2738385881.jpg
    image-2738385881.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 821
  • image-1484738988.jpg
    image-1484738988.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 140
Thats fine but i like the peppermint one. I forgot my lfs had the albino one wich was two feet long it was huge

Here is my spotted rubber lip pleco im unsure how big he gets he has been same size fore 6 months now

Attachments

• image-2235125525.jpg
    image-2235125525.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 81
Keeping smaller pleco's with larger pleco's shouldn't be a problem as long as the aquarium is large enough. I keep a Rio Negro Pleco which stays small with a common and there are no issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom