How often do you lose fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
afraid if I answer this I might go home to a tank full of dead fish. But hear it goes. I very rarely loose fish.

Over the past 6 years I have lost the following:

1 x Green Spotted Puffer - Due to house sittters idea of a little food and my idea of a little food are very different.

3 x EBJD they are nearly impossible to get past the 3" mark.

3 x clown loaches due to accidentally shocking with cold water during a substrate change

afraid if I answer this I might go home to a tank full of dead fish. But hear it goes. I very rarely loose fish.

Over the past 6 years I have lost the following:

1 x Green Spotted Puffer - Due to house sittters idea of a little food and my idea of a little food are very different.

3 x EBJD they are nearly impossible to get past the 3" mark.

3 x clown loaches due to accidentally shocking with cold water during a substrate change

IMO The EBJD'S don't count. I constantly want to give it a shot just because of the challenge.

I've lost quite a few fish, although I'd had most of them less than 2 weeks. Maybe it was just bad stock.

The only unexplained death was my betta. Never found his body inside or outside the tank...

Fishobsessed7

I've lost quite a few fish, although I'd had most of them less than 2 weeks. Maybe it was just bad stock.

The only unexplained death was my betta. Never found his body inside or outside the tank...

Fishobsessed7

Same here.. that first 2wks with some are tricky.

If you're under the 2wk mark you can always put them in a baggie and take in a cup of your water sample, 90% of the time.. they refund/replace the fish you've lost.

IMO The EBJD'S don't count. I constantly want to give it a shot just because of the challenge.

I agree I tried twice and I say never again. If they weren't so expensive I would give it a shot. Lost the first one when I moved it fro ma tank full of cherry barbs at about 3" to a tank for CA cichlids it stressed stop eating and wouldn't eat.

The next two I kept in a 75 gallon community tank with cherry barbs and live bearers and one day at about 2" they both stopped eating and died a week apart.

I hear there internal organs are messed up do to line breading the mutation. Don't know if that is fact just what I had read.

Back
Top Bottom