How Often Do You PWC?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Often do you PWC?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every other day

• Every other Week

• Once a Week

• Once a Month

• Once a Quarter

• Once every other Month

• Every 3 Months

• Every 6+ Months

• Total voters

Pleco

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just to get a general feeler here. I have read quite a few "issues" from posts that I think could have been avoided by more regular PWC's. I do a 30-50% PWC every week and my fish have been happy with it. At what frequency do you all do your PWC's?

Poll is active for 30 days from the date on this post.

-Pleco

i pwc weekly 40-50%, unless the water get too cloudy from the veggies, i may do twice weekly

I usually do 50% weekly, but my main tank has been getting 75% every couple days to keep the water clear (fighting tannins from a new peice of driftwood. I dont like the brown water). Just got done with a water change actually (had a small accident though).

50% every other month, maybe. I rarely do tank maintenance, other than trimming back plants that are growing too tall or out of control. I maybe spray out the filter with tap water once a month. Mine is very heavily planted though.

pwc

30% to 40% once a week. But after the discussion started by LoneWolfBlue on more frequent changes, I am considering half as much water changed, twice a week. All the fish are fine, but I have this habit of tinkering........

I don't really have a schedule, to be honest. I usually do it whenever I get an itch to do tank maintenance, or when the gravel gets too much snail/pleco poop on it. But I keep a lot of fast growing plants so my water always tests beautifully. The only one I do regular changes is the tank at work. I do 50% weekly, and sometimes more frequently than that if needed to keep the water clear (tank sits by a window).

Re: pwc

JeffreyL said:
30% to 40% once a week. But after the discussion started by LoneWolfBlue on more frequent changes, I am considering half as much water changed, twice a week. All the fish are fine, but I have this habit of tinkering........

Stick to the 30-40% once a week. That or change more than 15-20% at each of your PWC's. Two 20% PWC's (on different days) are not the same as one 40% PWC. It probably is better to do the more frequent changes, but just make sure you are not reducing the amount of waste being taken out...

And I do 50% once a week as I am finding some macro fert (probably calcium) is causing problems with plant deficiencies if I don't.

I am doing 25% water changes once a week (weekends were invented for tank maintenance) on all of my planted tanks and two or three 25% water changes per week on my quarantine tank.

I do 30% water changes about every 10 days on my 55 gallon, and about 40% 1x/week on my 10 gallon.

25% twice each week (once on a Wednesday, once on a Saturday). No option for twice a week so I voted 'once a week' :p

I am still cycling my tank with fish so I do a 20% PWC (2 inches down a 10gal) about every day, sometimes twice a day depending on the levels. All the fish are doing well and are looking quite healthy. I am not sure what I will have to do once they cycle calms down. Probably, 30-50% weekly I'd imagine.

Back
Top Bottom