How to clean plastic plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocket2001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive been surfing the forum looking for info on how to clean plastic plants and I have found nothing.

Dr Fosters sells something to soak plants in overnight to clean them..does anyone know what in it ? Is it something I can make from home ingredients?

Does anyone have a DIY way of cleaning plants?

I`ve read somewhere that the best way to clean them is to let them soak in hot salted water over a couple of hours. It sounds logical and no chimical are used.

dishwasher with no chemicals.. hot water full cycle.. I also put all my ornaments in there too. all top shelf of course..don't want anything melting.

theres a website called www.thatfishplace.com they sell this awesome chemical called plastic plant cleaner, its 2.29 a bottle, the only downfall is you have to soak your plants in a bucket with it for 8 hours or over night and then rinse them for three minutes but it does an amazing job, it does a killer job on silk plants and will remove anything imaginable off plastic plants, be sure to wear gloves though, they say it will burn your skin if it gets on ya, but its well worth it

Back
Top Bottom