How to rescape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pandicorn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey everyone, it's summer, and I just got some new DW and plants for my tank. I would love to put them in, but how do I do such a major change? (I'll be moving a LOT of plants and rocks. Can I do it with my fish in, or should I take them out? Thanks!

When pulling plants you'll probably throw a bunch of crap and detritus into the water.. you may want to pull and replant as much as you can and then do a big wc to clear the water.m

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When pulling plants you'll probably throw a bunch of crap and detritus into the water.. you may want to pull and replant as much as you can and then do a big wc to clear the water.m

Can fish stay in? I'm assuming they're fast enough to avoid rocks and such.

Yah, just try to nice about it and not scare the crap out of them..

Yeah fish can stay in. It would probably be more stressful for them if you take them out vs. leaving them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Agreed with above comments. Only time fish can't stay in is if you're swapping substrates. Even then, if you can find a workable way to do it without lowering the water level super far then you could probably leave them in for that too.

+1 on doing a water change right after too. If you have a deeper substrate then its possible to disturb gas pockets while pulling plants out, so a water change helps minimize the chance of shock.

Back
Top Bottom